Are You Getting Parcels Through?

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
YoMo2

Re: Are You Getting Parcels Through?

Postby YoMo2 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:34 pm

If you think your parcel has been transferred to ELTA, and you have a tracking number, this website has been quite accurate for me in the past, showing the correct dates of arrival in Greece, then Crete, then our local ELTA office. http://www.elta.gr/en-us/personal/tracktrace.aspx

Andrew

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:52 pm

I'm still waiting for the small package sent on 22 December and for the replacement sent on 18 January. I received a load of letters yesterday all posted about 21/22 January so at least some post is getting through in normal time.

Warwick

lshall05

Postby lshall05 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:59 pm

My friend posted a parcel to Crete at the beginning of December and it's still not arrived. She's guessing it's gone missing.
Living in Crete!!

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:20 am

Don't give up hope. I just received a package that was posted on December 4th.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:21 am

I received the replacement parcel sent on 18 January yesterday. It was sent Royal Mail Tracked and Traced so it was delivered by ACS. The original still hasn't arrived.

Warwick

Paleo

Postby Paleo » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:42 pm

Worth reminding people that, if you live outside of cities, towns & villages and don't have a "proper" address, ask if deliveries of registered parcels can be delivered at your local friendly kafeneon that does have a a number/name and street address.

Registered parcels are now delivered by third party courier firms who will simply mark them as un-deliverable if they don't immediately find your house and the parcel has no phone # on it.

That means your parcel will make a very slow journey (2 or 3 months in some cases) back to Blighty.

Return to “General Discussion & News”