Cadastre 2nd phase

Chat and items of interest about Crete and Greece.
grannyM

Cadastre 2nd phase

Postby grannyM » Thu May 06, 2021 12:16 am

It seems that in the Heraklion prefecture the 2nd stage has begun, and we are required to check that our property has been correctly registered. The site seems be be without translation, and we need to obtain out TaxiNet user name and password. As our paperwork, architect and accountant are in Crete and we are in England, that is quite a challenge. As the work was done for us by a local architect would we be safe to assume all will be well? The time frame is short -10th of June.
Would be glad of words of wisdom!

bobscott

Re: Cadastre 2nd phase

Postby bobscott » Thu May 06, 2021 9:47 am

I would have thought that you could rely on either your architect or lawyer to sort that out for you. The accountant has your taxis net id and password - they need these details to do your annual tax return. Worth a quick phone call or e-mail? Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

grannyM

Postby grannyM » Thu May 06, 2021 10:05 am

I have emailed the accountant Bob, and will try to phone from England, as she rarely seems to respond to emails. Once I get that the architect will probably help but is inundated at the moment probably for that reason.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu May 06, 2021 10:08 am

You could easily get your accountant to send you your TAXISNet ID and password. They tend to be used for lots of different things nowadays so it is useful to have them on file. Also many Greek government web sites translate quite well into English if you open them using the Chrome Browser and you have it set to automatically translate so you could easily check your status yourself. There are a couple of quirks. Some web pages do not immediately translate but often if you right click somewhere on the page that is not an image one of the drop down options is translate into English. Also sometimes control buttons don't work when you are in English but if you note the position of the button you want to click and temporarily switch back to Greek it will work.

Having said all that I think you are certainly going to need somebody to carry out the registration for you. It involves submitting paperwork and you can't really do that if you are not here.

Warwick

grannyM

Postby grannyM » Thu May 06, 2021 10:18 am

Thank you.. I laugh when you say it will be easy to get the accountant to supply information! Nice lady but not that responsive.
Interesting that you can find a way to translate the page, I've tried but again am not too technology savvy, but will have another go. I hadn't realise there were more paperwork to do, just thought you were required to check that the registration had been entered correctly, so I'm more than a little confused!
We usually find if we are around that face to face works best, so this is unfortunate timing for us.
However, I will have to concentrate first on getting the TaxiNet details, and then tackle the next stage.
It does sound though from what you say, that doing nothing is not an option!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu May 06, 2021 11:10 am

As far as I can tell there are two possibilities:

1 Your property has already been entered in the National Cadastre. In that case you would indeed simply need to check that the entry is correct.
    2 Your property has NOT already been entered in the National Cadastre. In that case you would need to submit all the paperwork necessary to get it registered.

I could be wrong but I think option 2 is the most probable. Most properties are simply entered in the local council land register. That simply records in a ledger at the local council office the fact that a transfer of ownership has taken place and the reference number of the Notary issued contract. You get a certificate showing the contract reference plus the ledger volume and page number where it is recorded. It does not contain any details about the property. The National Cadastre contains full details of the property including a topography, details of the building permission, certification that the actual property is in accordance with the building permission etc. I haven't been through the process yet so I don't know all the details. I did get my property legalised some years ago so when I an required to submit information I will probably use the civil engineer who carried out the legalisation process to do everything for me if he can. Typically civil engineers have the necessary surveying equipment to prepare the required documents while accountants and lawyers do not and many architects don't either.

Warwick

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Thu May 06, 2021 11:46 am

I am surprised that so many people do not have User Name and Password to their TaxiNet.

Warwick correctly pointed out that the logon and Password is required for so many Government information sites and checks.

6 years ago my Accountant advised me that I owed a lot of taxes to the Government and now had a large fine to pay. During an investigation he was unable to prove that his staff had advised me of each year of Tax liability. Thankfully he was an honest man and gave me cash to cover the cost of the fines, if memory serves me correctly it was over 200 euros. In order for that situation not to happen again I insisted that I have the ID and Password on the promise that if I changes these I would advise him. I still use the same Accountant.

As everything that we own is in joint names, my wife also has a Tax number. I also have her ID and Password.

I urge everyone to insist that you have access to your TaxiNet. Not only for entry to other Government sites but also to check your own Tax liability.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magnaike

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Thu May 06, 2021 12:20 pm

Yes, I have on file (electronic AND paper being an old-fashioned bloke) both of our taxisnet id's and passwords. Just don't relish the idea of getting tangled up in something that I can't understand or resolve and consequently mucking it all up. No telling where THAT would end up! Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu May 06, 2021 12:43 pm

Some examples of things I have used mine for, all within about the last year:

1 To register for e-prescriptions.
    2 To make an appointment at EFKA to renew my health insurance cover.
    3 To check on Atlas that my healthcover had been updated.
    4 To confirm/alter vaccination appointments.
    5 To print out my latest E9 and ENFIA statement to support my application for a biometric residence card.

Warwick

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Thu May 06, 2021 1:30 pm

grannyM wrote:I have emailed the accountant Bob, and will try to phone from England, as she rarely seems to respond to emails. Once I get that the architect will probably help but is inundated at the moment probably for that reason.

One thing you could try re taxis net id and password - enter your tax number (9 digits) as the User name and the first 7 digits of your tax number as the password. That is the "protocol" my accountant uses - I don't know but would guess you have the option somewhere to change both user name and password.

grannyM

Postby grannyM » Thu May 06, 2021 8:10 pm

Thanks Warwick,
I am sure that it is the 2nd phase i.e. that the details need to be checked, as the original registration was done 2 years ago. Some people just are leaving it on the assumption that it will be right, but given mistakes re house tax etc. in the past I'd feel happier that it was verified. Still not making contact with my accountant but she is probably inundated too!

grannyM

Postby grannyM » Thu May 06, 2021 8:13 pm

I had never know of the TaxiNet's existence before before, and only the tax number seems to have been required. Still hopefully we will manage the necessary one way or another. Will give it a day or two!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu May 06, 2021 9:24 pm

When I first came to Greece in 1997, tax returns used to be submitted on a large paper E1 form. Your accountant probably did that for you. All you/he needed to fill in the form was your name, address and ΑΦΜ plus, of course, whatever you were declaring in several hundred different categories. Tax offices were quite interesting buildings to visit back then. Literally millions of E1 forms were piled up to about head height on both sides of every corridor in the building. How they ever found anyone's form I have no idea.

Quite a few years ago now the government introduced an electronic submission system for the tax returns called TAXISNet. Like most computerised systems, e.g. your bank account, you need an identity and a password in order to log onto the system. Since your accountant typically still submitted your return your accountant would have the necessary ID and password and there would be no need for you to have them. I can remember my accountant sending me to the tax office with a pre-prepared form in order to get issued with my ID and password, which I gave to him without keeping a copy. It is only relatively recently that the ID and password have started to be used for other purposes.

I actually got mine from my accountant when the tax office introduced a monthly lottery for people who paid bills electronically a few years ago. I thought I would check every month to see if I had been lucky but I never quite worked out how to find out if I had won so I gave up. It did mean that I had them on file when they started to be used for other administrative purposes. In most cases you are not actually logging into the TAXISNet system itself so the damage you can do is pretty limited. Usually whatever system you are trying to use checks the data held on that system, e.g. AMKA, with the data held on the tax system to check if they agree. If they agree they assume you are really that person and deal with your enquiry. If they don't agree then it will not proceed, as some people have found when trying to get vaccination appointments.

Warwick

grannyM

Postby grannyM » Fri May 07, 2021 11:49 am

Hurdle one out of the way! We now have our TaxiNet user names and passwords. I had all my Greek sentences prepared when I phoned the accountant, and she answered the phone and almost immediately recognised my voice and spoke in English. So now for the verification, or not!
Thanks again for all the helpful information and advice,
Enjoy your weekends whereever you are.

grannyM

Postby grannyM » Sun May 09, 2021 10:41 am

Having got our Taxinet info we decided to check the details. I did get a translation of the document but the small guidance notes stay in Greek. There are omissions which we can fill on the first page, but are bemused that under residence it is the foreign and not Greek one ticked, the Greek address is entered until the Country when UK comes up. That can't be altered if the none Greek residence is ticked at the top. There are other starred sections, where what to enter is unclear, even after we've translated..
The Architect is alarmist saying they have found lots of errors in their own holdings, and quoting a larger sum than for phase 1 to do the work for us, but needing a power of attorney, and all the original papers, which they had photocopied before. We aren't back until 2 months or more after the closing date so can't provide these.

So does anyone know a simple guide to filling in the forms, and also the rights to ask for an extension re Covid delays etc.
That way we could have a fair chance of getting page 1 right before moving to the actual plot details. We will attempt to speak to the Architect, but so far her letters ( not to us specifically) have been very alarmist.

Unfortunately we don't have a Greek lawyer as the two we've had were both duds.

I realise this is probably an impossible question for this forum, but at least I've ventilated a bit as I am feeling pretty anxious!

Return to “Chatter”