Postal deliveries to Kokkino Horio

Temporary Forum - Please keep it CIVIL and ON TOPIC regarding updates/ news / concerns on British living / travelling in the EU.
bobscott

Re: Postal deliveries to Kokkino Horio

Postby bobscott » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:25 pm

Thanks BST will keep an eye open for him today. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

RobiS

Postby RobiS » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:18 pm

I used to live a block from the courier in Chania which handles UPS packages and they still could never find my address! I could actually see their office from my balcony. Also, the tracking for UPS always says the package is in Athens, but this is just their central sorting location, and (as someone noted above) it is likely just sitting in your nearest courier office waiting for you. I don't understand the "failed attempted delivery" notices, because it's obvious there was never an attempt at delivery.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:28 am

Latest information re ELTA and postal deliveries for some of Apokoronas: Kostas made his last (unpaid) delivery on Monday/Tuesday this week as forecast by Vrysses. He will hear round about 22nd of this month if he is going to be restated or not. If so, it won't be before the beginning of March. If not, heaven only knows!

Upshot is that there are no more mail deliveries scheduled for Kokkino Horio and some of the other villages until AT LEAST early March and possibly longer than that. Approaches to local topikos and mayor so far proved ineffective. Bob.

peebee

Postby peebee » Fri May 14, 2021 7:55 am

bobscott wrote:Latest information re ELTA and postal deliveries for some of Apokoronas: Kostas made his last (unpaid) delivery on Monday/Tuesday this week as forecast by Vrysses. He will hear round about 22nd of this month if he is going to be restated or not. If so, it won't be before the beginning of March. If not, heaven only knows!

Upshot is that there are no more mail deliveries scheduled for Kokkino Horio and some of the other villages until AT LEAST early March and possibly longer than that. Approaches to local topikos and mayor so far proved ineffective. Bob.

Manolis in Kalyves has been training up an `apprentice' for the last few weeks, it is possible that he will be taking over.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri May 14, 2021 8:18 am

Manolis in Kalyves? What's his role regarding the postal sorting and delivery done at Vrysses? Missing the point. Sorry.

BST

Postby BST » Sun May 16, 2021 6:58 pm

Costas is back apparently. There is a new man called Andreas who has also done some deliveries.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Mon May 17, 2021 9:07 am

BST wrote:Costas is back apparently. There is a new man called Andreas who has also done some deliveries.

Haven't yet seen Kostas but yours is the second report I have had in that vein. Welcome back Kostas! I think ELTA probably realised that just sacking Kostas and giving Andreas a larger round wasn't working (duh?). Bob.

Return to “Brexit and Living in Greece”