Biometric Card - Random Info

Temporary Forum - Please keep it CIVIL and ON TOPIC regarding updates/ news / concerns on British living / travelling in the EU.
Kilkis

Biometric Card - Random Info

Postby Kilkis » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:39 pm

I picked up a couple of bits of information from friends today that I thought might be useful:

The Chania police station no longer seems to be informing people that their cards are ready. You need to phone and ask them. I think somebody else might have posted this somewhere but I couldn't find in which thread. I'm not sure if other police stations are doing the same. It usually takes a few days from fingerprinting to the card being ready so I would suggest waiting a week and if you haven't heard anything phone them to check if it is ready.

Banks have always taken a photocopy of your passport and you are supposed to inform them when you get a new one so they can get an up-to-date copy. Apparently they are now also taking copies of the biometric residence cards when people have them.

Warwick

peebee

Re: Biometric Card - Random Info

Postby peebee » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:24 am

I was told last Thursday (fingerprints being taken next week) to contact them about 25 days after having fingerprints done.
There was a spanner in the works though, they want electronic copy of rental agreement from TaxisNet before they will issue permit.
The original rental agreement from 11 years ago was not good enough, nor was the certified copy that my landlord obtained to say we have been there all that time.
We now have to wait for property to be registered on TaxisNet and have survey done for energy certificate, none of this was required back in 2010.

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:45 pm

peebee wrote:There was a spanner in the works though, they want electronic copy of rental agreement from TaxisNet before they will issue permit..

Out of curiousity, did they request the electronic rental agreement after they issued you with a "certificate of submission" for your application? I ask because the "certificate of submission" indicates that your application was successful.

Phild

Postby Phild » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:25 pm

We were in the Chania police station this morning, and the chap said "We will call you to collect the permits".

Depends on who you talk to???
----
Phil
----

peebee

Postby peebee » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:25 pm

Rick wrote:
peebee wrote:There was a spanner in the works though, they want electronic copy of rental agreement from TaxisNet before they will issue permit..

Out of curiousity, did they request the electronic rental agreement after they issued you with a "certificate of submission" for your application? I ask because the "certificate of submission" indicates that your application was successful.

They kept all the paperwork, including blue residence permit and gave me an A4 paper with photograph taken by them that morning. Not sure if that is a "certificate of submission'' or not, but he definitely said that they would not issue biometric until they had copy of TaxisNet registration.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:56 pm

I am not sure that the certificate indicates that the submission was "successful"? It reads:

This certificate is issued on the basis of the provisions of article 4 of no. 4000/1/113-α'Κ.Υ.Α.

The above has submitted the supporting documents for the issuance of the Residence Permit of paragraph 4 of article 18 of the United Kingdom Exit Agreement from the European Union, as its beneficiary.

It is only verifying that you have submitted the required documentation.

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:28 pm

Kilkis wrote:It is only verifying that you have submitted the required documentation.

Warwick

Apart from the one that I haven't :D :D :D

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:00 pm

Yep! Wonderful Greece isn't it?

Warwick

jane m clayton

Postby jane m clayton » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:25 pm

I had a call from Chania police station yesterday, asking me to take another passport photo. My husband and I have both had initial interviews and fingerprints but it seems my photos are 'too light' to make the card. They stressed everything else is fine, and said just to go straight to the passport office on the ground floor with the new photo and my passport. We both had the pics taken in the same place at the same time, so I'll go back tomorrow and ask the guy to take a darker photo. Hey, ho -always something new!

Voni

Postby Voni » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:28 pm

Just a heads up...I was told when I picked up my photos for the biometric card not to touch the surface and preferably leave them in the envelopes provided. Apparently they electronically scan the photos for the card and fingerprints or marks on the photo face can cause problems.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:35 pm

That's the same for renewing Greek driving licence. The slightest mark and they bounce them back.

Warwick

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:09 am

Just to confirm. I had my fingerprints taken 5 April and was told at the time they would call me in 7-10 days.
I hadn’t heard, so phoned this morning. The policeman asked for my ΑΡΙΘ ΠΡΩΤΗ. This is the number ( 5 digits) on the temporary paper, left hand side at the top.
He confirmed that it is ready and asked me to convey on LiC that we need to wait 20 days or so, as the permit comes from Athens. Then we need to ring the station (Chania) 28210 25811/12 to check if it is ready. He told me that there are too many of us to ring individually. So this is a slight change in the procedure since 5 April. I can collect it any morning until 2pm.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri May 07, 2021 6:00 pm

Was pleasantly surprised this morning to get a phone call from Chania Police, confirming that wife and I are applying for our biometric whatnots in a few days' time and just confirming what we need. Wife just needs passport and photocopy, permanent blue residents' permit plus copy, photos, paravola, copy of rental agreement and tax return (Greek). I need the same plus tax returns for the last 5 years as my blue permit is dated 2012 whilst wifey's is 2018. (dont' ask, don't know the answer!). Nothing else mentioned. Here goes. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri May 07, 2021 10:03 pm

bobscott wrote:...I need the same plus tax returns for the last 5 years as my blue permit is dated 2012 whilst wifey's is 2018. (dont' ask, don't know the answer!). Nothing else mentioned. Here goes. Bob.

Because that is what the rules say. If the blue permit was issued less than 5 years ago you don't need to prove anything, i.e. wifey's situation. If the blue permit was issued more than 5 years ago, i.e. your situation, then you are supposed to prove that you have not left Greece for over 5 years during the period since the permit was issued. I think the assumption is that if you did leave Greece you would not be submitting Greek tax returns. If you submitted Greek tax returns for the last 5 years then you haven't been outside Greece for over 5 years from 2012. This rule has existed since day 1 BUT they weren't checking it when I got my biometric card. Obviously now they are.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sat May 08, 2021 9:21 am

Sloppy drafting on my part Warwick! The comment in brackets was about why my blue permit is dated 2012 and Anna's is 2018! Sorry. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Return to “Brexit and Living in Greece”