Driver up your bum-per

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:15 am

A rather large friend of mine who worked as a security guard had a nice technique for dealing with people who sounded their horns when the lights changed. He would very slowly get out of his car and wander round looking at the wheels, lights etc. He would then wander over to the person who sounded his horn and ask him if he had seen something wrong with his car? Obviously the person who sounded the horn by this time is getting very frustrated and would say there was nothing wrong and he just wanted to get moving. If necessary he would start to walk away and then go back and, with a very worried look on his face, ask if he was sure everything was OK. He would do all this very slowly with a bemused air making sure that by the time he got back to his car the lights were back to red. Sometimes he would repeat this if the person were stupid enough to sound his horn again. Don’t know if anyone fancies trying it?

Warwick

jeansy

driving

Postby jeansy » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:48 pm

Could be a bit iffy Warwick think I would make sure it was'nt your security guard friend behind me :roll:

Wayne d

Postby Wayne d » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:11 pm

Having driven really only on holiday and recent winter visits I love it. When I was being shown a particular property last year, near Almyrida the Estate Agent apologised about the fact it was so close to a road. "Which road?" was my reply. Maybe one car every few minutes. How we laughed.
I drive to the airport in the UK on the ultra modern motorways at between 20-90mph and would estimate I swear every five miles. By the time I get to the airport I need a drink.
I get to the other side and pick up the Dinky hire car. Say I drive 120km, expecting something around every corner to kill me, and get to the other end with me and mine in one piece. I'm totally jubilant. (Still have a drink though to celebrate!)
I think the crux of the matter is that idiots in the UK are deliberately idiots, whereas (and I know there will be exeptions) Cretan driving idiots have always done it and as long as they get away with it they see no problem. It's a lack of malice.
I'll take the rose tinted spec's. off now.
:)

Return to “General Discussion & News”